This post on Nigerian International Passport will reveal the new current cost of Nigerian International Passport 2017, renewal of the passport, How to apply for Nigerian International Passport online, price, e.t.c
What is a National Passport?
A passport is a travel document, usually issued by the government of a nation, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel. A valid Nigerian international passport is a vital piece of document issued to Nigerian citizens intending to travel outside the country.
For new passport applications, Nigeria now offers electronic passports known as e-passports. These passport are in hard copies and not soft copies and is classified as either Standard Nigerian passport or Official e-passport, depending on intended use.
How To Obtain A Valid Nigerian International Passport
The Nigerian International Passport can be obtained in two ways, online or offline. Either ways, they are still the same
Offline International Passport
Usually, this is the most common way that Nigerians are familiar wth. It is also expensive as obtaining your Nigerian passport is done through an agent. I won’t advise that you use this method as the technicalities you would encounter plus the risk of being defrauded is common with applying for a Nigerian passport via an agent.Either ways, you would still have to take your printed documents to the immigration office.
Online Nigerian International Passport Requirement
Below are the guidelines to obtain your international passport online and the required documents:
- Nigerian Passport Application form (should be completed online & printed out).
- Payment Slip.
- Local Government State of Origin.
- Birth Certificate.
- Change of name affidavit (if you’ve changed your name before).
- Photocopy of Applicant’s data page.
- Two current passport-size photographs.
- Driver’s License.
- Processing Nigerian passport fee of N15,000.
Below is the process on how to pay online after you have gotten the above document s reasy
- Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal here
- Locate & click on the e-passpoert tab to in the appropriate application form to start the process
- Select your preferred passport type.
- Select your Processing Country.
- Fill in the form with your current and correct details.
- Upload the scanned copies of your required documents
- Select your payment method and proceed to online payment.
- Click on Submit
Differnce between 32pages International Passport & 64pages International Passport
There is the 32pages International Passport, and there is the 64pages. The 64-page e-Passport was introduced against the backdrop that Nigerians, especially frequent travellers especially businessmen easily exhausted their 32-page passports. It will also aid the individual travellers the cumbersome problem of having to carry bulky passport booklets.
Although, you almost can’t lay your hands on the 64 pages passport without first presenting your filled up or expired 32pages passport. This is in a bid to make sure that they (immigration officers) remain in business, as the official cost for making a 64pages international passport is what is collected for the 32 pages when you visit the Nigerian Immigration Service office.
Nigerian International Passport Renewal
If you want to renew your Nigerian International passport, you would be required to present the following documents in person at the immigration office. As announced by the Federal government, the new cost of renewing the passport in nigeria is N20,000. If misplaced, you might be referred to the immigration head office in Abuja to get it done.
Documents needed for Nigerian International Passport Renemwal
- Police Report (if misplaced).
- TheRenewal Fee N20,000.
- Two (2) passport-size photographs preferably with white background.
- Applicant should provide Passport Number of lost Passport (if applicable).
Applicant will be required to appear in person for biometric and image acquisition.
It is advisable to apply afresh for a new International Passport rather than go through the stress for the renewal. The Official website of the Nigerian Immigration Service: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/
Support Email: [email protected]
Immigration Help desk line: +234 (1) 2714449, 4541452.