Visa Requirements for South Africa for Nigerian Citizens
South Africa is a country where most Nigerians would love to travel to, but for various reasons and purposes. It might be that you would want to travel to South Africa for studies which of cause would require you get a student study visa for South Africa, or even for tourism purposes.
Whatever your reason for travelling to South Africa may be, this post will inform you on the visa requirements for Nigerian(s) going to South Africa.
What are the Visa Requirements for South Africa for a Nigerian?
Before I go on to explain the Visa Requirements for Nigerians to gain access into South Africa, note that South Africa is not among the list of visa free countries for Nigerian citizens. Unless, if you are a diplomat from Nigerian traveling to South Africa, you will not require visa to enter into South Africa. Apart from diplomats, those who also hold service passports and official passports too can also enter South Africa without a Visa.
The only pitfall for these group of persons is that such rights have a specific period of time. So, if you are a Nigerian(s) holding service, official or diplomat passports, you can remain in South African free without visa for up to 90 days. Other Nigerians outside these groups of persons would have to obtain visa to gain access into South Africa.
Below are the visa requirements for a Nigerian to gain access into South Africa legally
Visa to South Africa from Nigeria Application Process
1. You would have to submit your application at the South African Embassy in Nigeria or at any accredited visa application centers in Nigeria.
2. Photocopies of original documents will be submitted along with the South African visa application form. Also, visas to other countries you visited should also be photocopied and submitted together with the application.
Documents for Visa Application for South Africa in Nigeria includes:
- Valid International Passport.
- Two passport photos with white background.
- Data page of your international passport (photocopy).
- International vaccination card (photocopy).
- Proof of financial status, i.e, bank statement.
- Self introduction letter bearing phone number and your address.
- A recommendation letter from employee if stated.
- Verifiable hotel bookings without the use of third party.
3. You would have to download the South African application from the South African embassy website and fill in your information as required of you.
4. Next is to pay the service fee as well as the visa application fee which should be done online, through accredited centres or at any of the accredited banks for South Africa visa in Nigeria. The account number to pay for the visa is provided at the South African embassy website.
5. Submit all documents listed together at the embassy or visa accredited centres after which you track your application online.
How to Track Your Application Online
The next step is to track your visa application online. After applying for South African visa, you would be given a tracking ID which contains your date of birth and passport number that would enable you track your application progress on the website.