The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is an accredited federal institution known to provide functional, flexible, accessible, cost-effective education for its applicants and for those who wish to pursue higher learning in a more distance online environment.
NOUN was established on July 1983, with the aim to meet the educational needs of such citizens in a highly populated country like Nigeria especially when other state universities, private and federal conventional higher institutions can’t deliver.
For those seeking admission into NOUN, you should be aware that the National Open University of Nigeria leverages on Information and Computer Technologies (ICT) to deliver an education directed towards academic excellence.
With its flexible postgraduate, PHD and undergraduate programmes, students who wish to apply in this school would see that the University offers exceptional academic programmes that meet the specific needs of all sectors of the global economy, be it in Arts; Health; Law; Physical, Social, Agricultural and Management Sciences.
As an Online Distance Learning (ODL) institution, there are different study centres for easy reach in the 36 states of the federation to ensure equal opportunity for all candidates. If you have any questions, you can visit the school’s official website to contact them directly.
How to Apply for Admission in NOUN
- Go to the university site at www.nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, click on apply for admission.
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment.
- Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen).
- Select the faculty of your choice.
- Select programme of study in form, click below to view admission criteria.
- Fill displayed form.
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed.
- Click ‘Submit query’ button.
- Select Bank Branch as payment type.
- Click “Pay”.
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
After You Have Made Payment
- Perform step 1 to 3 above.
- Goto “Continue After Payment”.
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme.
- Click “Proceed”.
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.
After Filling Form
- Click “Submit”.
- Print Admission Letter.
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening