Stretch marks are visible lines on the skin surface, with an off-color hue. Stretch marks are mainly found in the abdominal wall, but can also occur over the thighs, upper arms, buttocks and breast.
While pregnancy is the main cause behind stretch marks, other reasons can be sudden gain or loss in weight, rapid growth, heredity factors, stress and changes in physical conditions.
Stretch marks makes one feel uncomfortable and insecure but the good news is there are several natural ways to deal with it.
How To Remove Stretch Marks from Your Skin Completely
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is very effective in the treatment of many skin problems. Its healing and soothing properties can be used to get rid of stretch marks.
There are a couple of ways to apply it.
1. You can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for 15 minutes and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.
OR make a mixture with one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel, oil from 10 vitamin E capsules and oil from five vitamin A capsules. Rub this mixture on the skin until it is fully absorbed. Repeat daily.
2. Egg White
Egg White are a rich source of protein. For stretch marks, you use only the white part which contain amino acids and proteins(fresh eggs)
1. Whip the whites of two eggs gently with a fork. Clean the affected skin area with water and then apply a thick layer of egg whites with a makeup brush or tip of the finger in circular motion.
2. Allow the egg whites to dry completely and then rinse the area with cold water.
3. Finally apply some olive oil or coconut oil on the skin to keep it moisturized.
4. Repeat the process daily for at least two weeks and watch for positive results.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice are simple way to lessen stretch marks is to use lemon juice. Lemon juice is naturally acidic which helps heal and reduce stretch marks, acne, and other scars as it lightens the skin.
1. Rub fresh lemon juice gently onto the stretch marks using circular motions. Allow the skin to absorb the lemon juice for at least 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
2. Another option is to mix equal quantities of cucumber juice and lemon juice and apply the mixture on the stretch marks.
Natural white sugar is one of the best natural remedies to get rid of stretch marks. You can use the sugar to exfoliate your skin (exfoliating the skin helps to remove dead cells)
1. Mix a tablespoon of raw sugar with some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice and apply it on the stretch marks and other skin areas.
2. Gently rub the mixture in circular motions a few minutes every day before taking a shower.
3. Do this for a month or so and watch your stretch marks become lighter.
5. Potato Juice
Potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that foster growth and restoration of skin cells.
1. Cut a medium-sized potato into thick slices.
2. Take one of the potato pieces and rub it gently on the stretch marks for a few minutes to cover the affected areas.
3. Allow the potato juice to dry for some time and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
6. Shea Butter
Shea butter is also used in the treatment of stretch marks because of its oil.
1. Take a good quantity of Shea butter on the palms and rub together before applying on the affected area, it is advisable to do this at night before going to bed.
2. Mix Shea butter with your body creams to also help.
Other Methods to Remove Stretch Marks Completely includes
7. It is also important to make your means balanced diet as much as possible to provide the body all the nutrient it will need.
8. Don’t dehydrate the body! Drink enough water everyday to provide the body all the water it will need.
9. Fruits are also very good because of the nutrients they contain. Taking as much fruits as possible provides all the nutrients the body needs. So spend less on junks and spend more on fruits because they are natural.
Finally, avoid harsh creams such as creams that bleach the skin. Always use mild creams and moisturizers is best for the skin too. These tips will not remove stretch marks in a twinkle but will take time so exercise patience while treating it and look forward for best results.