We formerly wrote on how to apply for a Nigerian passport online. This time, we shall look at how much does the Nigerian International Passport cost currently this 2019.
One of the necessary things you must have to travel abroad is your international passport. You should also be aware that there are two types of Nigerian passport namely: The 64 pages passport and the 32 pages passport. The difference between both passport has been covered extensively here. But note that the 64 pages passport was introduced for Nigerians who travel frequently especially when they exhaust their 32 pages.
How Much is The Nigerian International Passport Currently this 2019?
The cost of the Nigerian international passport for 64-page passport is N22,000, while applicants for 32-page passport below the age of 18 cost N10,750 while those between ages 18-59 years will pay N17,000. For applicants above 60 years; applying for a 32-page passport will cost N10,750 at the Nigerian immigration service office.
Update on New e-passport: Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) said registration and the issuance of new international e-passport would cost Nigerians N70,000 while issuance of the new e-passport will begin from March 4, 2019 in Abuja. It will be valid for 10 years.
Renewal of the Nigerian International Passport
If there should be any need for renewal of a passport, the amount of N22,000 would be paid for 64 pages and same amount goes for lost passport also.
If it is as a result of either marriage, death, or even divorce would cost N10,750 for 32 pages and N22,000 for 64 pages. We often advise that you apply for a new Nigerian passport and avoid the stress attached to renew an old passport.
Documents Needed to Apply For a Nigerian Passport
Before you would register or apply for the passport, the following documents should be made available at the Immigration Office:
- Passport Application Form
- Your payment slip
- Local government state of origin
- Birth certificate document
- Driver’s license and
- Two recent passport sized photographs in white background.
Visit the Nigerian Immigration Service website to know more about the cost and application for a Nigerian International passport.
How Much Is The International Passport In Nigeria (February, 2019)
The following below are the cost:
1. 32 PAGES: The cost of 32 pages type can be for different categories of people, with different charges. Price listed are as follows:
a. MINOR – A day old – 17 years #10,750
b. ADULT – 18 years – 59 years #17,000
c. ELDERLY 60 years and above #10,750
ii. 64 PAGES:– The official fee for 64 Pages is #22,000 for all category of applicants.
APPLICANTS can process the application form and do the payment online through the appropriate Nigeria Immigration Service porter.
How much is international passport in Nigeria 2019 and Nigerian passport renewal fee for
Nigerians residing outside the country
The price of international passport for Nigerians residing outside country differs.
The Price of 32 Pages are as follows:
a. MINOR:- A day old – 17 years 77 dollars
b. ADULT:- 18 years – 59 years 106 dollars
c. ELDERLY:- 60 years and above 77 dollars
64 PAGES: The cost of 64 Pages is 137 dollars for all category of applicants.
It is IMPORTANT to note that if you applied for NIGERIA PASSPORT at any approved NIGERIA MISSION abroad and it was not issued before you travel to Nigeria, you cannot obtain another in Nigeria. The system will indicate double acquisition and your new payment forfeited.
It’s advisable you attached the printout issued to you at the point of acquisition along with your other valid travel documents and present it at the point of entry/exist in the country.
The printout is acceptable pending the issuance of your passport.
Furthermore, the validity of a Standard NIGERIA Passport is 5 years.
Please note You cannot reissue your PASSPORT until 6 months before the expiration date OR. you used all the available pages.
(The debate is still ongoing very slow at Nigeria National Assembly to revert to the normal 10 years lifespan, which is the standard international practice.)
Note: The COST of REISSUE of Standard Nigeria passport is the same as the price of a new international passport.
STILL ON HOW MUCH IS THE INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT IN NIGERIA, 2019.
It important to inform a would be applicants for Nigeria international passport that according to the recent report in the Vanguard online paper, The Federal Government has said that any applicant for Nigeria international passport must have identification number from the National Identification Management Commission, NIMC, from January 1st, 2018.
Furthermore, anyone that intends to apply for the renewal of his or her passport or want to obtain a new one who is residing abroad must endeavor to obtain an identification number from NIMC (if it is available where he intended to process the passport) otherwise he will be denied issuance of the passport.
The report stated that The Comptroller General of Nigeria Immigration Service, Mohammed Babadede disclosed this recently after a meeting with the database harmonization committee in Abuja, explained that the reason behind the new policy was for ease of business in the country.
New Information for February 2019 in regards to the cost of the Nigerian international passport and other related issues
This is the tabulated summary of the fees for the various services offered by the Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS) as seen on their gate.
From the procurement of fresh Nigerian International passports and their renewal, correction of errors, change of data, etc.
The figures you see below is the official amount/rates for International Passport services by the Nigeria Immigration Services (NIS).
Update January 23, 2019. THE NEW E-PASSPORT
According to the Punch, the cost of new international passport by categories include:
- 32-page five-year standard passport stood at N25,000;
- 64-page five-year standard passport at N35,00;
- 64-page 10-year standard passport at N70,000;
- 32-page five-year official passport at N15,000.
The Nigeria Immigration Service says it will commence issuance of new passport in the Federal Capital Territory from March 4, 2019.
The new e-passport was officially launched by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, January 16.
The introduction of new enhanced passport booklet and passport with a 10-year validity had various category of passports and approved fees.
The cost of 32-page five-year standard passport price is N25,000; 64-page five-year standard passport costs N35,00; 64-page 10-year standard passport price is N70,000; and 32-page five-year official passport costs N15,000.
The new passport has advantages which include passport with 10-year validity, self-tracking of application and express centers for urgent application.
Other advantages include weather friendliness, compliance with latest ICAO standard, polycarbonate technology that reduced incidence of damage as well saves Nigerians in the Diaspora time of frequent visits to Nigerian Embassies.
Passport Application Guidelines: How To Apply
1. Visit the Nigeria Immigration website
2. Find & click on the appropriate application form to begin:
- e-Passport Application Form
- MRP – Passport Application Form (Not Applicable In All Missions)
3. Choose a passport type “Standard e-Passport” or “Official e-Passport”, then click the ‘Start Application’ button.
4. Carefully fill the selected form; check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’ check box then click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
5. Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’
6. Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
7. Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button
8. Select the currency type you want to use to make payment (Naira or USD):
9. If you choose to pay in Naira, you will be asked to select PayType (payment method): “Bank”, “Credit OR Debit card”.
10. If you want to go and pay at the bank, selected “Bank” and click continue.
11. View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
12. The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment Acknowledgment Slip” with Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number.
13. With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with an ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal.