Federal Road Safety Commission of Nigeria FRSCN recently lunched a new Nigeria Drivers license that will help to checkmate the activities of fake drivers license production in the country.
If you are looking for how to register for a Driver’s license in Nigeria, or on information on drivers license registration in Nigeria, then you are on the right page as we shall be showing you how to register for drivers license in Nigeria with ease.
Note that the Federal Road Safety Commission has made the new Nigeria Drivers license registration process easy, as you can now apply for new drivers license in Nigeria rather than using the manual method
To start your drivers license registration in Nigeria online, go to the FRSCN website at https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org and follow these steps below.
Procedures For Drivers License Registration In Nigeria
1. Go to the Federal road safety commission of Nigeria (FRSCN) official website, access and complete the new drivers’ license application form.
2. Go to the designated banks and pay the specified drivers license renewal fee (N6000) or alternatively make payment online with your e.Wallet, Visa credit card/debit card and Interswitch payment option.
3. After making payment, take the payment acknowledgment slip to representatives of the Board of Internal Revenue (BIR) located in the licensing office for registration.
4. When you are through with the BIR representative, the next step is to proceed to the VIO office still within the premises of the drivers licensing office and for certain screening and approval.
5. On getting approval from the VIO officer, move to the last stage of the drivers’ license registration procedure which is to go to the FRSC officer at the Information Center to capture your biometric information after which you will be issued a temporary drivers license that is valid for 60days. With the temporary drivers license you can go on driving your car and trucks in Nigeria, while waiting for the actual drivers’ license that will be issued to you before the elapses of 60days.
Important things to note
If you are a fresh applicant for drivers license in Nigeria, you can not apply directly for the new drivers’ license in Nigeria; you would have to apply through an accredited driving school in Nigeria that will train and certify you.
No body can apply for the new drivers’ license on your behalf; your presence physical presence is need during biometric information capturing.
Also, you don’t need to go for drivers’ license registration with copies of passport photograph because the biometric data capturing machine is there to capture your image.
Apply for the new drivers’ license in Nigeria through the link below.