Barcelona’s Football Academy in Nigeria is located in Lagos and has opened her doors to talented young footballers in the country who wish to be taught FCBarcelona soccer playing style. In this academy, students have the opportunity to learn the values and ethics of tolerance, respect, solidarity, friendship, fair play, integration, effort and happiness to enable them succeed in their professional soccer careers at local and international levels.
Since the evolution of the Tiki Taka philosophy by Johan Cryuff, soccer pundits, coaches and great footballers alike have all agreed to the success of using this style to dominate and win football matches. This style of play is peculiar to FC Barcelona, one of the top 10 best football clubs in the world. The likes of Lionel Messi, Iniesta, Pique, Xavi and other La Masia football academy graduates have perfected Tiki Taka which involves making short passes with the ball whilst dominating possession.
FCBEscola is located in different countries of the world and young kids are taught the Barca methodology which includes total attacking, especially high-up the pitch while dominating possession of the ball. Defenders or opponents find this football style very hard to predict and contain as it involves quick movement of the ball. Enrolling your child in this academy in Lagos will see him or her learn how the Barca’s DNA works.
Just like other football academies in Nigeria, FCBESCOLA LAGOS has become a center stage for youths to develop their footballing skills in a professional manner learning the basic concepts of football using the FCBarcelona Soccer methodology which has been the school’s objective since its inception.
Requirements to Join FCBEscola Lagos
- Applicants should be within the age brackets of 16 to 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid identification certificate showing that he or she is a Nigerian.
- Should not have any health issue that is life threatening.
Training at the academy follows similar training techniques, operations, training sessions and methodology from FCBarcelona first team and the youth academy.
Normally, a Technical Director assigned from the club hierarchy from Catalonia is in charge of administering and implementing the technical, tactical, physical and physiological training during the entire season. Other coaches in the academy also reports and take orders from the technical director.
The current technical director of the school is Mr. Bernat Villa I Gorriz. You would also be allowed to learn various languages as part of its academic training which include: English, Spanish, French and other Modern European Languages, used by football stars world-wide.
Some of the programs at the academy includes:
- Competitive Program: There are two sections in this category. There is the program for children from 14 to 18 years old and 6 to 14 years of age. Sessions and training for these ages differs as each player’s development is dully monitored by coaches assigned for a team. Training here is normally two to three day per week.
- Technification Program: TP is a supplementary program designed to improve the participant’s individual technique in the game. It is aimed at players between six (6) and eighteen (18) years old. This program is held on Fridays, once a week and is open to players from outside of the academy.
How To Join FCBEscola in Nigeria
- Purchase registration forms which is being sold whenever FCBEscola begins trials at the Teslim Balogun stadium in Surulere, Lagos.
- The price for the registration form is N13,500 which can be subject to change anytime. You can either pay with either cash or with your ATM Card.
- Visit any GTBank branch or use their mobile app and use the FCBEscola Lagos option under the customized deposit option in the mobile app to make payment.
- Show evidence of payment at the Teslim Balogun Stadium to collect your registration form.
- Fill the form honestly, providing the necessary details asked.
- Provide the necessary documents requested and collect your registration receipt.
Be aware that filling or submitting the registration form does not guarantee you automatic admission to the Barcelona Football Academy (FCBEscola). You will only be deemed fit to participate in the trial session conducted for everyone that purchased the form, after which the best would be selected and admitted into the academy.
FCBEscola soccer school allows you to acquire formal education alongside your football training. You can acquire the following examination certificates whilst training: West African School Certificate Examinations, (WASC), National Examination Certificate (NECO), International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
If you have any question, kindly call the following numbers below:
Phone: +2349062259436 | +2349030000931
Weekday office time:
Address: Teslim Balogun Stadium Complex, Surulere, Lagos State, Nigeria