This post is about the health benefits of dates. Date palm or date fruit is a fruit that has a sweet flesh and a hard seed.
In Northern Nigeria, it is known as “ribino” and it is a very popular fruit in that part of the country.
This post aims at exposing to you the health benefits associated with consuming dates. Below are the health benefits of dates.
Health Benefits of Dates
1. Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat.
2. Dates are a rich source of protein, dietary fiber and rich in vitamin B1, B2, B3 and B5 along with vitamin A and C.
3. Dates help to improve the digestive system as it contains soluble and insoluble fibres and different kinds of amino acids.
4. Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose. To get more advantage add dates to milk and make it a very nutritious snack.
5. Dates are very low in calories and are extremely suitable for health conscious people.
6. Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium. This helps regulate a healthy nervous system.
Researchers have revealed the fact that potassium intake up to a certain extent can reduce risk of stroke.
7. Dates also help in lowering of LDL cholesterol.
8. Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anaemia.
9. Dates contain fluorine that slows down the process of tooth decay.
10. Dates help relieve constipation. Soak dates overnight and take it along with water to have added advantage.
11. Dates help in treatment of abdominal cancer.
12. Dates help in to improve eye sight and in curing night blindness as well.
Now that you know that health benefits of dates, try out one as soon as possible.