This post is on the full list of current Commissioners in Lagos State appointed by Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and special advisers. It will also list their names and offices.
Lagos is among the 36 states and capital in Nigeria located in the South-western geopolitical zone of the country. Recently, oil was discovered in Lagos. The current Governor of Lagos is His Excellency, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode who succeeded Babatunde Raji Fashola, now current Minister of Power and Housing in Nigeria.
Lagos is an economical base and stronghold of Nigeria and was the former capital of Nigeria. One thing peculiar about Lagos State is that it can survive on its own without the help of the Federal Government. As you might have noticed, Lagos state is a business friendly state in Nigeria. No wonder different companies in Nigeria have their head-offices situated in Lagos state.
Lagos state Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode appointed 23 Commissioners and 14 special advisers that made up his cabinet in October 2015. Their names, roles and offices are given below
List of Names of all Commissioners in Lagos State Presently & Offices
- Femi Odubiyi- Commissioner for Science and Technology (sacked)
- Wale Oluwo- Commissioner for Energy
- Rotimi Ogunleye- Commissioner for Commerce
- Dr Abdul lateef Abdulhakeem- Commissioner home affairs
- Dr Samuel Adejare- Commissioner for Environment
- Durosinmi-Etti; Commissioner for Wealth creation
- Barrister Kazeem Adeniji- Commissioner for Justice/AG
- Lola Akande- Commissioner for Women affairs
- Dayo Mobereola- Commissioner for Transport
- Huzamat Akinbile- Commissioner for Youth&Social Dev
- Folly Coker- Commissioner for Tourism
- Ganiyu Johnson- Commissioner for Works
- Jide Idris- Commisioner for Health
- Gbolahan Lawal- Commissioner for Housing
- Mustapha Akinkunmi- Commissioner for Finance
- Toyin Suarau- Commissioner for Agriculture
- Engr Ade Akinsanya- Commissioner for Waterfront infrastructure development
- Benson Akintola- Commissioner for Establishment and training
- Dr. Idiat Adebule- Commissioner for Education
- Wasiu Anifowoshe- Commissioner for physical planning (sacked)
- Yemi Ashade- Commissioner for Economic planning & budget
- Steve Ayorinde- Commissioner for Information
- Musiliu Folami- Commissioner for Local Government
List of all Special Advisers to the Lagos State Government
- Kehinde Bamigbetan- Special Adviser Community and Communications
- Fela Bank Olemoh- Special Adviser Education
- Agboola Dabiri- Special Adviser CBD
- Anofi Elegushi- Special Adviser Transportation
- Tunde Hunpe- Special Adviers Environment
- Kehinde Joseph- Special Adviser Civic Engagement
- Ben Olabinjo- Special Adviser Commerce
- Seye Oladejo- Special Adviser Special duties
- Yetunde Onabule- Special Adviser Urban Development
- Deji Tinubu- Special Adviser Sports
- Mudirat Giwanson- Special Adviser Housing
- Femi Onanuga- Special Adviser Primary Health Care
- Bimpe Akinsola- Special Adviser Arts and Culture (sacked)
- Prof Ademola Abass- Special Adviser Office of Overseas affairs
Those are the list of Lagos state commissioners and special advisers presently in Governor Ambode’s cabinet
Update January, 2019: Newly appointed Lagos state Commissioners List
In a recent report by Punchng, Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State reshuffled his cabinet. He dropped three commissioners and appointed five new ones.
This was contained in a press release by the current Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tunji Bello, in a statement that confirmed that the three commissioners who were sacked include: Mrs. Adebimpe Akinsola, Mr. Femi Odubiyi, and Mr. Anifowoshe Abiola.
Messrs Hakeem Fahm, Ladi Lawanson, Segun Banjo, Olayinka Oladunjoye and Hakeem Sulaiman were newly appointed to head Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Economic Planning and Budget, Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of Communities and Communications respectively.
The governor also moved Mr. Rotimi Ogunleye from Commerce and Industry to Physical Planning and Urban Development; Mr. Steve Ayorinde from Ministry of Information and Strategy to Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture; Mr. Kehinde Bamigbetan from Communities and Communication to Ministry of Information and Strategy; Mr. Babatunde Durosinmi Etti from Ministry of Wealth Creation to Ministry of the Environment; Mrs. Uzamat Akinbile-Yusuf from Ministry of Youth and Social Development to Ministry of Wealth Creation; Mr. Agboola Dabiri from Central Business District to Ministry of Youth and Social Development.
Others include Dr. Samuel Adejare from Ministry of the Environment to Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development; Engr. Ade Akinsanya from Ministry of Waterfront Infrastructure Development to Ministry of Works and Infrastructure.
The statement added that Mr. Benjamin Olabinjo has been moved from Special Adviser Commerce and Industry to become Special Adviser Civic Engagement, while Mr. Kehinde Joseph moved from Special Adviser Civic Engagement to become Special Adviser Housing.
Mr. Deji Tinubu, Special Adviser Sports has been redeployed as Special Adviser to the Governor on Commerce and Industry and Mr. Anofiu Elegushi moves from Special Adviser Transport to become Special Adviser, Central Business District.
The new Commissioners are expected to be cleared by the State House of Assembly while the other redeployment and postings take immediate effect.
According to the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Bello, the new appointments and redeployments are intended to create a new vigour and vitality for service delivery which has been the hallmark of the Governor Ambode administration.
Currently, the commissioner of education in Lagos state is Dr. Oluranti Idiat Adebule, she doubles as the Deputy governor of the state.