If you are looking for the best treatment for ringworm, then these natural remedies should help you treat ringworm on scalp especially when you see its symptoms. There is no denying the fact that there are antifungal creams used to cure this fungal infection on the scalp, but these natural methods have proven to be more effective.
Ringworm in humans is that strong itchy bacterium that appears on the top layer of the skin, nails or even the scalp. It is also called tinea and because its itchy, it appears like a ring-like red rash on any part of the body. It is not a worm caused infection.
What Causes Ringworm in Humans?
Ringworm is caused by a fungus that eats keratin, a type of protein found in the skin, hair, and even the nails. Research has it that children from ages 15 are normally affected by ringworm symptoms.
It is very contagious, so special care is given to such patients with such infections. It brings discomfort and is also a communicable disease that passes to someone else with an infected person’s personal belongings like Towel, Comb and Pets.
Signs & Symptoms of Ringworms in Humans
There are different symptoms of ringworm or tinea depending on the type of infection. Normally, ringworm generally can cause a scaly round crusted rash red patches on the skin of the infected person which can develop into blisters and can begin to ooze pus.
Another sign of ringworm you should check out can be patches of hair loss, also scaling on the scalp which may feel painful and inflamed turning into sores that brings discomfort to anyone affected by it.
Best Natural Treatment For Ringworm
- COCONUT OIL: Coconut oil has a very powerful acid which can be used to fight off infections by destroying their cell membranes. It is also used to treat other skin infections.
- TURMERIC: Turmeric is a versatile food spice which can serve as both spice for food nutritional values and health benefits. Prepare a thick paste of it with coconut oil into the Turmeric and apply on the affected area, and wash completely when dried off.
- GARLIC: Garlic can serve as a ringworm home treatment when mixed with olive oil on the skin infection, and should be left for about 2hours at least covering the affected part. This should be done twice in a day.
- ALOE VERA: Aloe Vera is still a powerful ringworm ointment and should be applied immediately for its effectiveness that includes antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. Apply this three times on a daily basis.
- LEMON GRASS: The oil extract form lemon grass is very effective, but should be mixed with small portion of carrier oil and should be applied in the skin using a cotton ball.
- ALWAYS WASH: There is a good chance that the infection could spread to the other part of the body. Therefore, washing the affected thoroughly with Luke-warm water and soap, may actually prevent that from happening.
Ring worm is a very bad infection that should be dealt with once it is been noticed by anyone. It is a bad fungus that should attract immediate treatment and a specialist should also be consulted if the above ringworm natural home treatment proves ineffective.