This is about how you can register for various undergraduate degree programmes that are offered at the Nigerian Defence Academy, NDA should you be interested. Also, you can look up the website of the Nigerian Defence Academy as various information are provided in the NDA website applications portal on how to go about registering for various courses at the defence academy as well as in the JAMB brochure.
If you speak French or you have knowledge of the French Language, it will be an morale boosting as it is an added advantage during the application process.
Eligible candidates for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy must possess the following:
- Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC, NECO or NABTEB) or GCE ‘O’ Level obtained in not more than 2 sittings relevant to the Faculty of their choices.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics.
- At least two supporting relevant credits to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Military Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences while that of Faculty of Science is shown in the columns for compulsory and relevant credits. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old as at the month of August in the year of entry into the Academy (2018). Note that candidates who desire to join the Nigerian Air Force must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry, and also the Nigerian Army has suspended the enlistment of female candidates in her Regular Combatant programme in NDA.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres in height for male and 1.58 metres height for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Must also present a Certificate of State of Origin obtained from a Local Government Area or a Certificate of State Indigenship from the Office of the State Governor.
- Any applicant with working knowledge of French Language will have an added advantage.
In addition, candidates will have to take in the points listed below:
- Those awaiting results are not qualified to apply for the program. Application forms submitted without results will not be accepted from any candidate.
- Only examination results of not more than 5 years old from the date of sitting for such an examination will be accepted.
- Presently, admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only, and is limited to Navy and Air Force in the case of female candidates, meaning that female candidates who wish to enrol into the Nigerian Army at this time cannot do so as the admission exercise for them has been suspended.
Method of Application Into The Nigerian Defence Academy
On getting to the official website of the Nigerian Defence Academy which is www.ndaapplications.net candidates are advised to logon to the application portal.
Candidates are afterwards, advised to select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application. The payment for the application can be made through REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,000.00 only. Note however that the cost is subject to change and any change whatsoever will be communicated to the public.
Candidates should also note that only payment against RRR Codes generated through the application portal would be accepted.
Interested candidates are advised to go online and complete the application on the websites indicated above.
Candidates should be sure to download and read carefully all the instructions that are provided on the website. Any applicant applying for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy, NDA is advised to also apply for the Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination, but may not necessarily select NDA as their choice of university.
How To Submit Applications
The candidate should submit the applications form online after completion. On completion of the online application, the candidates are required to download an Acknowledgement Form from the portal. Upon release of the JAMB results, candidates are required to return to the applications portal and download their Examination Admission Card. Only candidates who make the JAMB national cut-off mark will be allowed to participate in the NDA Entrance Examination.
Requirements For Admission
Please be informed that the requirements for various undergraduate degree programmes are stated in the NDA website and applications portal. Other information concerning degree courses, eligibility and examination centres are also contained in the NDA website and applications portal. Knowledge of the French Language is an added advantage.
Conditions For Examination
Only candidates who meet the JAMB national cutoff mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice. the cut off mark does change from year to year, depending on general performance of candidates for that particular year.
The examination will be conducted just like an Entrance Examination and it will be scheduled to hold on dates decided on by the NDA authorities. The date for this year’s examination is Saturday 22 April 2017.
On the day of examination, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, their Examination Admission Card, their JAMB result slip and TWO postcard sized photographs to the Examination Centre on this examination date. The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain certain information about the particular candidate, like the candidate’s Name, Exam Number, State of origin, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
Only successful candidates at the NDA Entrance Examination will end up being invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board after which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
Nature and Duration of Training
All admitted candidates into NDA for the Regular Course will undergo the required military and academic training as Officer Cadets and this will last for duration of 5 years.
Once the training has been successfully completed, the graduands will be awarded with academic degrees in core disciplines (BSc, BEng, BA). The successful graduants will also earn a commission into the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Regular Course cadets will train in the Nigerian Defence Academy, NDA. All aspects of the cadets’ administration and logistics will be taken care of by the Federal Government of Nigeria.