Enlistment into the Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission Course 24 for graduates and post graduates is ongoing. Below are the guidelines and qualifications to be enlisted into the Nigerian Navy DSSC.
- Applicants are hereby invited from suitably qualified Nigerians for enlistment into the Nigerian Navy through Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Course 24.
- The Enlistment Portal www.joinnigeriannavy.com will be opened on 26 October, 2016 for interested candidates to apply online.
- Interested applicants, who must be Nigerian by birth, must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for first degree holders and Upper Credit for HND holders. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Male applicants must not be less than 1.70 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.67 metres in height.
ALSO SEE: HOW TO JOIN NIGERIAN NAVY
- Applicants should be between 22 and 28 years by 31 December 2016, except for Imams and Chaplains who should not exceed 30 years by 31 December 2016.
- Applicants are warned against giving false information or tendering fake certificates. Any false information or fake certificates discovered at any stage will lead to disqualification and subsequent prosecution of the applicant.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be single.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or letter of exemption from NYSC.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for a qualifying aptitude test. The date, time and result of the aptitude test will be placed on this website.
- Applicants are to choose any of the following centres for the qualifying aptitude test:
a. Abuja – Command Day Secondary School, Mogadishu Barracks.
b. Bauchi – Command Day Secondary School, Shadawanka Barracks.
c. Owerrinta – Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School, Owerrinta.
d. Lagos – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Ojo.
e. Port-Harcourt – Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Borokiri.
f. Sokoto – Army Day Secondary School, Giginya Barracks.
- Applicants are to bring the following to the Aptitude Test Centres:
a. Parents/Guardian Consent Form.
b. Local Government Attestation Card.
c. Acknowledgment Form.
d. Photocopies of Certificates including NYSC Discharge Certificate.
- Please note that any attempt to inundate the Naval Headquarters with letters from any quarters by any applicant will be viewed as a ploy to undermine the enlistment process and will lead to disqualification of such applicants. In addition, applicants are to note that the entire enlistment process is free and they should refrain from giving money to any individual under any guise.
- SUBMISSION OF FORM: On completion of the application form, applicants are advised to click SUBMIT on the portal and generate the applicant’s transaction ID. Applicants are advised to print out a copy of the Application Summary. For technical support call 08062090473 and 08033063694 between 0800 and 1700 only.
for Chief of the Naval Staff