Nigerian Police Ranks and their Salaries
The Nigerian Police Salary structure is one thing the Federal Government should look into because it is so unfair that officers who risk their lives in trying to get rid of crime in the society are not being paid well. The Police in Nigeria are paid according to their ranks.
This post will list out Nigerian Police ranks and their salaries. Please bear in mind that the figures is subject to change. The highest ranking officer in the Nigerian Police is the Inspector General of Police (I.G) who is also the highest paid Nigerian police officer while the lowest rank in the Police force is the recruit and is the lowest paid in the Force.
Below is the monthly salary of a Nigerian Police officer
List of Nigerian Police Officers Ranks and their Salaries
1. Police Recruit salary per month – N9,019.42
2. Police Constable salary per month –N43, 293.80
3. Police Corporal salary per month – N44,715.53
4. Police Sergeant salary per month – N48,540.88
5 Sergeant Major salary per month – N55,144.81
6. Cadet Inspector salary per month – N73,231.51
7. Assistant Superintendent Of Police salary per month – N127,604.68
9. Deputy Superintendent Of Police salary per month -N148,733.29
10. Superintendent Of Police salary per month – N161,478.29
11. Chief Of Superintendent Of Police salary per month – N172,089.06
12. Assistant Commissioner Of Police salary per month – N183,185.73
13. Deputy Commissioner Of Police salary per month – N242,715.65
14. Commissioner Of Police salary per month – N266,777.79
15. An Assistant Inspector General Of Police salary per month – N499,751.87
16. Deputy Inspector General Of Police salary per month – N546,572.73
17. Inspector General Of Police, (IGP) salary per month -N711,498
These are monthly salary structure of Nigerian police officers according to their ranks from the Police recruit to the IGP’s salary listed above. What is your take on the salaries of the Nigerian police?