NYSC state Allawee/Allowances for different states in Nigeria this 2019.
We wrote earlier on the best states to serve as a youth corper in Nigeria. This time, we shall list the NYSC allowance or state allawee paid by the different states in Nigeria.
NYSC is a compulsory one year service to Nigeria. One is required as a graduate of any recognised university in Nigeria to serve his or her nation. Before prospective corp members gets their call-up letters for service, they would like to know how much states would pay to Youth corpers serving in the state.
The truth of the matter concerning NYSC allowance is that most states that are considered unsafe for Youth corpers hardly pay state allowance, while the states considered best states for serving as NYSC corp members pay corpers from N5000 naira to N15k depending on the place of posting.
There was a rumour that the Federal Government wanted to increase the Youth Corpers allawance to a new salary of N30,000 after the minimum wage increase this 2019 according to the minister of finance and Director General of the National Youth Service Corp.
Most people view the increment of NYSC allawee as a scope to bribe Corp members in supporting the current regime in the country. Others are of the opinion that if the Federal government increases the NYSC allowance this 2019, it will go a long way in helping the welfare of corpers.
With the newly increased minimum wage to N30,000, we believe that the FG will have no choice than to increase corp members fee and states should follow suit. We will update this article as soon as it is in effect.
Aside from the federal government normal allowee for youth corpers which is N19, 800, there are other ways to make money as a youth corper easily which we covered extensively here.
Please note this current list of NYSC allowance for the different states In Nigeria might increase or decrease as time goes on.
Below is a list of state Allawee in Nigeria for serving corpers.
- Akwa Ibom State pays N5,000: This state is located in the South-South region of the country and has been known to be one of the most peaceful states in Nigeria where a youth corper can serve without security threat. The state government pay corp members N5,000 monthly aside their Federal government allawee.
- Lagos state pays N15,000: This is so and some times N10,000 to corpers in ministry and N5000 to those in LGA. The reason most corpers rush to Lagos is due to its safety status and because its a state where you can get job easily as a youth corper.
- Sokoto state pays N4,000: Located in the northern part of Nigeria, Sokoto state goverment pays corpers the sum of N4,000 and N9,000 to those working in the state’s hospital.
- Enugu State Pays N3,800: This is a verified figure as this eastern state is one of the places that is best and safe for youth corp members to serve for NYSC.
- Oyo State Pays N3,800: This is another state that doesn’t pay their corpers good monthly allowance, but will overuse them.
- Osun State Pays N5,000: We expect the Ogun state government to increase the salary that they pay corp members due to the fact that minimum wage has been increased to N30,000.
- Kano State Pays N4,000: Honestly, Kano is one of the best northern state that is safe to serve as corper if you are looking for a good state in Nigeria to carry out your Youth service. The only pitfall is that they are not among the highest paying states for corpers in Nigeria.
- Borno State Pays N1,000: Even though the people of Borno are poor, the state government manages to pay N1,000 to its corpers. We know that borno is one of the worst states that is not safe in the north to serve.
- Niger State Pays N6,000 (stopped): During my time in Niger state, the then governor, Muazu paid us N6,000 monthly in Niger state but today, reports reaching us is that the current administration no longer value or even pay corpers anymore.
- Yobe State Pays N2,500.
- Bayelsa Pays N3,000.
- Ekiti state Pays N5,000.
- Ebonyi state Pays N10,000 from September 2018
- Ogun State Pays N5,000.
- Delta States Pays N5,000.
- Bauchi State Pays N1,250.
- Cross River State Pays N5000 (New).
- Zamfara State Pays N3,000.
- Abia State Pays N5,000.
- Imo State Pays N2,000: Dubbed as the richest state in Igbo land, this state is one where corp members find job opportunities easy to come by. How and why corpers welfare is not taken serious in this state still shocks us.
- Taraba state Pays N10,000 at the capital. Reports reaching us from a corper there suggests that Taraba has stopped paying corp nemebers.
- Kaduna State Pays 3000: Aside the fact that Kaduna is a wealthy state, it surprises me that the governor pays N3000 to corpers. We hope that with the increment in minimum wage, the government will follow suit by increasing youth corpers pay.
- Jigawa State Pays 10,000.
- Kano State Pays 10,000.(New by Ganduje)
- Nassarawa State Pays 3,000.
- Porthacourt has not yet paid corpers for the past 5 years.
As you all know that no man is an island of knowledge, this list of state allawee for Youth corpers in Nigeria may not be complete or totally correct, if you feel that we omitted any Nigerian state or didn’t get any figure correctly, kindly assist us by putting the correct answer for NYSC state allowance for corpers using the comment section below.