NYSC state Allawee/Allowances for different states in Nigeria this 2019.
We wrote earlier on the best states to serve as a youth corper in Nigeria. This time, we shall list the NYSC allowance or state allawee paid by the different states in Nigeria.
NYSC is a compulsory one year service to Nigeria. One is required as a graduate of any recognised university in Nigeria to serve his or her nation. Before prospective corp members gets their call-up letters for service, they would like to know how much states would pay to Youth corpers serving in the state.
The truth of the matter concerning NYSC allowance is that most states that are considered unsafe for Youth corpers hardly pay state allowance, while the states considered best states for serving as NYSC corp members pay corpers from N5000 naira to N15k depending on the place of posting.
There was a rumour that the Federal Government wanted to increase the Youth Corpers allawance to a new salary of N50, 000, but it was debunked by the former Director General of the National Youth Service Corp.
Most people view the increment of NYSC allawee as a scope to bribe Corp members in supporting the current regime in the country. Others are of the opinion that if the Federal government increases the NYSC allowance this 2019, it will go a long way in helping the welfare of corpers.
Aside from the federal government normal allowee for youth corpers which is N19, 800, there are other ways to make money as a youth corper easily which we covered extensively here.
Please note this current list of NYSC Allowance for the different states In Nigeria might increase or decrease as time goes on.
Below is a list of state Allawee in Nigeria for serving corpers.
- Akwa Ibom State Pays N10,000.
- Lagos state Pays N15,000 and some times N10,000 to corpers in ministry and N5000 to those in LGA.
- Sokoto State pays N4,000 and N9,000 to those in state hospital.
- Enugu State Pays N3,800 (verified)
- Oyo State Pays N3,800.
- Osun State Pays N5,000.
- Kano State Pays N4,000.
- Borno State Pays N1,000.
- Niger State Pays N6,000 (stopped).
- Yobe State Pays N2,500.
- Bayelsa Pays N3,000.
- Ekiti state Pays N5,000.
- Ebonyi state Pays N10,000 from September 2018
- Ogun State Pays N5,000.
- Delta States Pays N5,000.
- Bauchi State Pays N1,250.
- Cross River State Pays N5000 (New).
- Zamfara State Pays N3,000.
- Abia State Pays N5,000.
- Imo State Pays N2,000.
- Taraba state Pays N10,000 at the capital. Reports reaching us from a corper there suggests that Taraba has stopped paying corp nemebers.
- Kaduna State Pays 3000.
- Jigawa State Pays 10,000.
- Kano State Pays 10,000.
- Nassarawa State Pays 3,000.
- Porthacourt has not yet paid corpers for the past 5 years.
As you all know that no man is an island of knowledge, this list of state allawee for Youth corpers in Nigeria may not be complete or totally correct, if you feel that we omitted any Nigerian state or didn’t get any figure correctly, kindly assist us by putting the correct answer for NYSC state allowance for corpers using the comment section below.