Pete Edochie is a veteran actor in the Nigerian movie industry. He is regarded as one of the founding fathers in Nollywood because of his wealth of experience in film acting and has won numerous awards to his credit. This post will give the full profile of Pete Edochie, sons and most of his popular quotes.
Biography of Pete Edochie
Pete Edochie, born on March 7, 1947 in Enugu State in Nigeria hails from Anambra state. He is among the veteran actors in Nigeria as is also seen as one of Africa’s best actors. Pete Edochie Education started from the northern part of Nigeria where he attended his primary & secondary Education in Zaria, Kaduna State in Nigeria.
He once worked with the Nigerian Railway Cooperation, After which he furthered his education by studying a course in Journalism and Television in the School of Journalism and television in England. Pete Edochie also worked with the Eastern Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation in 1967 and by the year 1980, he was officially a broadcaster in the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Pete Edochie Career in Nollywood(How he rose to fame)
Pete Edochie came into the scene in 1980 when he played the lead role as “Okonkwo” in Chinua Achebe’s best selling Novel, “Things Fall Apart” . It was that role which saw Pete Edochie rise to fame in the Nigerian Movie Industry. He has since featured in over 200 Nollywood movies and has won various national and international awards.
Pete Edochie is one Nollywood actor that selects the characters he plays in films as the character must be fitting to his stature and the script must have a good story line.
There was a rumour that was trending that Pete Edochie was dead because he was kidnapped on August 16, 2009 on his way to an event along Nkpor road in Anambra State. After his release the next day, August 17, 2009 he rebuffed such rumuor of his death
Pete Edochie Family is blessed with children while his sons Yul Edochie and Linc Edochie are both top Nollywood actors in Nigeria.
Popular Quotes attributed to Pete Edochie
1. What an elder sees while sitting down, a child will never see it even while standing up.
2. Life goes on even if you don’t want it to.
3. Never let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out
4. The plantain that refuses to ripen because it doesn’t want to be fried will be used for plantain chips.
5. Having a female as a best friend is like having chicken for a pet you will eat someday.
6. When a goat laughs upon hearing that the lion is around, one needs to find out what kind of grass it has been eating.
7. He who thinks the soup is too much for the eba cannot handle greatness.
8. It is only a child that doesn’t know the v*gin*l of a cow is meat.
9. If something that was going to chop of your head only knock of your cap, you should be grateful.
10. The little opportunity given to a monkey to wear clothes does not guarantee it to join the dining table.
11. A man who counts his money after withdrawing from the ATM has trust issues.
12. Drinking Garri doesn’t mean you are poor but allowing it to swell before drinking it is poverty.
13. The buttocks are like married couple though there is constant friction between them, they will still love and live together.
14. Hmmm, the cow in a hurry to go to America will come back as corned beef.
15. Whoever presents his own head to break coconut would not be able to partake in its eating.
16. A man who hangs around a beautiful girl without saying a word ends up fetching water for guest at her wedding.
17. Some girls are like mangoes, once you are waiting for them to ripe, others are eating them with salt.