Find below the prepaid meter codes for recharging and checking balance easily.
Since the power sector has been privatized, there have been some few tweaks everywhere in the country. Most noticeable is the introduction of the prepaid meters.
With these meters, customers are able to regulate their electronic energy consumption and recharge easily at their own comfort.
While there are several ways to recharge your prepaid meter if you have one, you should at first have a smart card which enables you to load, purchase, retrieve and sell power credit. This smart card should be configured at any of the disco outlets near you.
If you have done the configuration process, you can now use the smart card to recharge your electronic energy prepayment unit.
Normally, the energy credit is usually recharged with a 20-digit pin code. We have listed six simple and easy steps to recharge your meter and the codes to input
- First step is to visit the dealer outlets or disco offices near your area with your smart card.
- Second step is to show them your card that also has your meter number.
- Request for the credits you want to pay for.
- You will be credited by the agent and be given a slip containing a unique 20 digit code with a receipt as proof of payment.
- Go home and enter the 20 digit code through the UIU Keyboard correctly on the LCD screen.
- If you entered the token correctly, the screen will show “ACCEPT”. This show that the recharge was successful. If the screen shows you “REJECT”, it means you have entered the code incorrectly.
You can also recharge with your smart code if you don’t want to use the 20 digit code. Follow the steps to do it below:
1. Where your meter is located, open the card door of your monitor unit and carefully insert your smart card properly
2. You would need to ensure that the control box is connected to a power source to recharge.
3. When you insert your card, you will notice a symbol like this “——“ on the LCD screen. This symbol means that your meter and card are synchronizing. Please note that you shouldn’t tamper or remove smart card while credit loading is incomplete so as not to damage smart card and meter.
4. Once loading is complete you will be notified on the LCD screen.
Things to check once loading the prepaid meter is complete
Meter number: Are you comfused on how to check your meter number easily, simply press 65 then the blue button and you will see the meter number which is the 11 digit numbers that will be shown you on the screen.
Total credit used: To check the total credit used, simply press 07 on the keypad then the blue button, you will receive a reply shortly
Balance: To check/know your remaining balance, just press “07” on the keypad followed by the blue button. You will be shown the available balance in this format. (200.16).
That’s how to recharge and check balance on your prepaid meter easily.