According to the information provided on the Lagos Business School website, over 92 percent of its MBA graduates get jobs within one year after graduation with top companies both within and outside Nigeria. The Lagos Business School (LBS) is the graduate business school of the Pan-Atlantic University, Nigeria.
LBS offers academic programmes, executive programmes and short focused programmes in Management that have been ranked among the best in Africa. The LBS main campus is located in Lekki, Lagos.
This school was established in 1991 and currently has 226. LBS is uniquely positioned to develop visionary business leaders capable of maximizing the high growth opportunities in key industry sectors to move Africa to economic prosperity.
Over the years, it has collaborated with other business schools in Africa and around the world on programmes to develop responsible business leaders for Africa and the world.
Lagos Business School Short Courses
Out of the programmes in this school, the area of focus is the short courses offered in Lagos Business School and their duration, school fees and LBS admission requirements.
1. Senior Management Programme (6 Months)
This short course helps it students in achieving an immediate and measurable improvement in their organization. This course duration is six months and it is targeted at Functional Senior Managers, Regional Managers, Unit Heads and Assistant General Managers.
This course is designed to help senior executives build personal skills that will help them contribute significantly to their organizations. Accordingly, participants will be firmly grounded in the main management disciplines as well as improve on their strategic thinking skills. The objectives of the course include;
- Achieve an integrated view of the organization in line with the local and the international market economy.
- Analyze economic risk.
- Confirm and broaden technical competence at managerial level.
- Develop ethical competence at work and home.
- Build interpersonal skills, hone emotional intelligence and increase teaming capabilities.
- Prepare for future top leadership roles in their organizations.
- Fast-track the achievement of professional and personal goals.
2. Advanced Management Programme (5 Months)
This short course prepares its students to take responsibility for integrating the work of their organizations. This programme duration is five months and it is designed to help experienced senior managers refine their management and leadership skills needed for continued career advancement.
The programme prepares senior executives for the c-suite. The participants are expected to bring in real-life challenges faced by their organizations and at the end of every module submit presentations on strategies to adopt and eventual projected solutions.
This Lagos Business school short course is meant for General Managers and executive directors of companies.
3. Agribusiness Management Programme (5 Months)
This intensive programme is for agribusiness managers and players in the agriculture value chain who seek practical skills and solutions to challenges in their organizations/businesses.
This particular Lagos Business School course last for 5 months. At the end of the programme, a participant is expected to:
- Gain exposure to current global, regional and domestic trends and market realities to enhance strategic capabilities and planning.
- Understand the changing roles of policymakers and government agencies in shaping the value chain.
- Adopt an action learning approach, with an emphasis on skills development and application of learning to field-based projects in your organization.
- Use strategic planning tools and management strategies to utilize the growing opportunities for processed food.
- Understand the value chain linkages and players to inform the design of appropriate financial instruments.
4. Management Acceleration Programme (4 Months)
The programme design draws from the school’s experience in creating transformational educational experiences for high potential managers over the last two decades, as well as practical insights from skilled talent managers.
It is designed to enhance emerging leaders’ performance readiness, fast-track their careers and accelerate their impact on their organizations.
At the end of this programme, it is expected that the participants will become competent and confident managers equipped to deal with business challenges.
They are also expected develop clear aims and plans for ongoing personal and professional development.
5. Owner Manager Programme (6 Months)
The Owner-Manager Programme is designed for owners and managing directors of small and medium scale organizations.
This course offered at Lagos Business School is designed to provide business owners with the skills and capacity for development of long-term strategic plans to transform their businesses and drive profitability.
This short course is designed for Founders or business owners/co-owners of companies in existence for a minimum of 2 years with at least N50m annual turnover or partners in professional firms with at least five professionals.
6. Global Chief Executive Programme (5 Months)
Known as the Global CEO-Program African, the Global Chief Executive Programme has been designed and developed for leaders.
This Lagos Business school short course will enhance a participant strategic vision and equip him/her with new tools to better navigate disruptive trends that could impact his/her business.
By merging the expertise of three top business schools and three global venues, the program delivers a singular learning experience like no other.
This is designed for Board Members, President, Owner, CEO, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Technology Officer.
7. Chief Executive Programme (5 Months)
The Chief Executive course equips chief executives with the knowledge, attitudes and resources to deal with risks and opportunities, help anticipate and manage the process of change and give a competitive edge to businesses.
This programme is designed to help assess the strengths and weaknesses of leaders, as well as adapt management styles to the demands of the business environment.
The programme includes a company tour of an indigenous Nigerian company. The tour will provide participants the unique opportunity to receive practical executive coaching and peer perspective that you can immediately put into practice.
Lagos Business School Admission Requirements
LBS like other educational institution has their admission requirements which must be meet by any student willing to be admitted into the institution. There are some documents that would be requested of you to submit to the school authorities for verification.
Its after the verification proper that you would be qualified to be given admission into Lagos Business School (LBS).
The admission requirements into LBS include:
- Five credit passes including English and Mathematics at the Ordinary Level for Anglophone countries.
- A minimum of second-class lower university degree from a recognised university
- Minimum of three year’s post-qualification work experience
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score
- Demonstrated intellectual capacity, professionalism, maturity and effective decision-making and problem-solving potentials assessed during an interview
Documents to be submitted for LBS application are:
- A completed application form
- Three reference forms (these may also be sent directly by the referees)
- Copies of O’Level and university degree certificates (statements of results are acceptable)
- Official Transcripts sent after you have been admitted (these may be sent directly by your former school)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of the NYSC Certificate or Letter of Exemption (for Nigerians only)
- A passport photograph
Lagos Business School Fees (2019)
According to the information available to students on the LBS official website, the school fee should cost you N2,511,630 per session to run a program in LBS and they run two sessions.
The above fee cover tuition fees and course materials and can be paid in six installments at the beginning of each semester in the business school. See the table below.
Fees and Financing
|Full Time MBA||1st Session||2nd Session||Total|
|GMAT||$250 (2016)||Visit www.mba.com for details|
|or GRE||$205 (2016)||Visit www.ets.org for details.|
Installmental Payments & Due Date
According to the school, accommodation isn’t part of what they would provide but they can offer their invaluable advice on how to find a suitable lodge or house near the school as the case may be.