List of All PDP Governors in Nigeria and their States
There are about 24 Nigerian states controlled by APC while PDP controlls 11 states in Nigeria presently. We have previously written on the full list of Governors in Nigeria and the states controlled by the APC currently.
PDP was the major party ruling in Nigeria, having the highest number of seats in the National Assembly and also the highest number of Governors since 1999.
It was until 2015 when PDP was defeated in the general elections which saw the All Progressive Congress, APC defeat the People’s Democratic Party, the PDP.
Although, there are other political parties in Nigeria registered under INEC like APGA, KOWA, YDP e.t.c, PDP and APC still remains the two main political party that decides elections and polls in Nigeria, except in Anambra state which is an APGA controlled state.
Well, in terms of popularity, both political parties are almost same. We will not go into that as the main purpose of this article is to sensitize you to know the 11 Nigerian states currently controlled/ruled by PDP governors in Nigeria presently.
States in Nigeria Controlled By the PDP and their Governors
- Akwa Ibom – elected Governor is Emmanuel Udom till 2019
- Abia State – elected Governor is Dr Victor Ikpeazu till 2019
- Delta State – elected Governor is Ifeanyi Okowa till 2019
- Rivers State – elected Nyesom Wike as Governor till 2019.
- Taraba State – elected Governor is Darius Ishaku till 2019.
- Enugu State – elected Governor is Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi till 2019.
- Cross River State – elected Governor is Ben Ayade till 2019.
- Ebonyi State – elected Governor is Dave Umahi till 2019.
- Gombe State – elected Governor is Ibrahim Dankwambo till 2019.
- Bayelsa State – elected governor is Hon. Henry Serieake Dickson till 2020.
- Kwara state just joined due to the decamping saga going on in the country at the moment.
Ekiti State governor is Mr. Fayemi who won recently under the APC. Ondo State governor is Olusegun Mimiko till 2017.
Those are the names of all Nigerian governors in PDP, their states and validity period in office.